Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday: & what is tough...

 Hey Bloggy Friends! Thought I'd play yet another game of catch-up on the McMedick clan. I never blog near as much as you beauties do -- but I so enjoy reading about your lives. These pictures paint an oh-so beautiful picture. But in reality: Total. Cluster. We are moving in two days, Our wedding is in a few months, we are short staffed at work and kiddos are done with school so I'm in full WAHM & SAHM mode. Which is nearly impossible since I'm not two people. I try to keep my sanity -- but I'm fairly sure my family thinks I'm absolutely nuts.

And let me be honest about something because I feel like all of you are so real in what you put out there, I feel I need to do the same. Being a step-mama rather than a birth mama I feel that I'm not allowed to talk about the hardships I face. Since I didn't birth the children maybe I don't have that right. So I usually just share the happiness and smiles and unicorns and rainbows in our lives (which there are a lot of!). But being a full time step-mama and a summer 24/7 step-mama sometimes I lose it!  I actually uttered the words "LEAVE ME ALONE! leavemealoneleavemealoneleavemealone! 5 minutes! leavemealone!" to the children the other day. Do any of you other step-moms out there feel that? I love my ladies more than life and would give mine for them. But sometimes I'm just a 26 year old woman who truly has no idea what to do or say. And sometimes I say and do the WRONG thing! And I know that's okay too. But at the end of the day I hope that I can just hug them and tell them how much they mean to me and won't hold most of my shortcomings against me :) After all, I may be just a step-mom -- but I'm also a new mom and I'm learning...

Here are the "rainbows and unicorns" that are making me smile this week


Alice and her 11th Birthday Cake. Love this photo of her <3


Went to a wedding over the weekend for one of my girlfriends! Look at those cute baby bumps around the bride. Both having little girls this summer. I can't wait!!


I'm loving that this girl. My best friend, Abby. My heart. My soul. My sanity


Bridesmaid day (missing 2 + Alice) I'm getting SO excited for the wedding!

Trick Candles! Don't they getcha every time!!


My 91 year old Grandma. I can't say enough about this woman. She is like a 2nd mother to me. She's the one and only opinion that will instantly make me change my mind (because she's so stinkin wise!) Her hugs feel like hot chocolate and her soul is made of gold. I can only hope to be half the woman she is. 

5th Grade Graduation. I can't believe my Alice is going to MIDDLE SCHOOL! She's becoming such a beautiful young woman. I love you to the moon, girl!

And HELLO Flash Mob! I can't wait to post this video when I get it. It was seriously so cool. 

And Pearl is doing lots of fun things too (contrary to her lack of picture appearance in this post) She just finished up softball and is a fish in the summer time so is anxious to get in the pool.

Loves,
 Kati
















No comments:

Post a Comment