Hey Everybody!!
I started doing that cute 30 days of thanks thing on instagram!?
....I lasted about 6 days. Maybe 7
@katimedick
But it's only because I'm spending time with the people/things I'm thankful for. And that's really better, right?
Plus, I take nothing seriously so I'm posting pictures of being Thankful for Bravo, Andy Cohen, and the lobster costume I make my dog wear.
...but can I at least get an Amen on Andy Cohen?
So anyway, I'm going to just go with a big ol' blog post about my many thanks and things I'm thankful for and will just do another follow up when I'm feeling super extra thankful next week before Thanksgiving.
1. God. I spent a quick second mentioning my thanks for god, but without getting all deep and stuff - I really never developed any sort of faith I was proud of until about age 21 (hmm, seems fitting) And to this day I don't consider myself religious, but more spiritual. To be who you wanna be and praise the way you want to praise. My faith has taught this anxiety freak to just let things go sometimes. It's all in god's hands.
2. Family. My sense of family has changed drastically in the last year. I went from feeling like my family was my parents and sisters to having my own. But I'm thankful that I have a family of both kinds whom is there when needed. Both ways. We're not perfect and this isn't a fairy tale. But this really is love.
3. My husband. It's still weird for me to say that. I feel like the luckiest girl in the entire world. This man has transformed me into an entirely different person, for the better! By teaching me to be myself. He's taught me to love myself, embrace the silly things, believe in myself, chase my dreams and to let things go (which was i'm sure..the hardest of things for him to do) But most of all he's given me two beautiful girls to hug as my own every day. I never thought this is the way my life would play out for me, but i'm happy it did. And I'm excited to see where our lives go together.
4. Alice. My sweet lady... She's growing up too fast for this bonus mom and I'm not handling it well. But I'm so proud of her. She's kind hearted, thoughtful, helpful and would do anything for anyone if they asked.
We have our moments. But I love that at 11 years old sometimes she just wants to snuggle and talk about her day with me. Love you, muffin and don't know what I would do without your smile everyday.
5. Pearl. Oh my Pearl-girl. The two ladies couldn't be more different. Pearl will talk all day long without stopping or needing any sort of a response. She's got questions about everything and isn't afraid to ask. She's confident and probably the most hilarious person I have ever met. She carries 8-10 books in her backpack on any given day in case of a 'reading emergency' and sleeps with one under her pillow in case she gets up early and wants to read. She would rather have a salad than a piece of bread but would eat an entire bucket of candy without stopping for any reason. You're a unique soul, my friend. I hope you never change.
6. My sweet chihuahua (pictured above in lobster costume) I never knew I could love a pet so much. I kind of wish your breath didn't smell so much -- but you bring so much happiness and laughter to our life and you are the best snuggler in the world. She loves to lay in the sun on hot days and won't sleep anywhere other than right beside your legs under the covers. She splits her time at night between her sisters and her mama so that no one feels left out and waits until you invite her up on the bed before jumping.
7. Friendship
I'm so lucky to have so many great friends. And not even all of them are pictured. I know with friendships everyone always says you have to decide if you want quality or quantity. I'm lucky to have both. I have groups of friends from many different walks of life and in some cases those groups have even emerged to create a giant ball of friendship love that is even bigger than the original. Husbands have been had (and some have gone...), babies created, new homes, new jobs, heartbreak and happy times. We've got it all. And I'm blessed when it comes to the special 'not blood related' ladies that feel like family.
And lastly
8. 2012
This year. This entire year has left me with little tid-bits to be thankful for. It's been an overload and I didn't even know all of this good stuff could happen in a lifetime let alone a YEAR.
This year I've:
Gotten engaged
Planned a wedding
Got Married
Honeymoon
Became a step mother
Bought my first home
Became a DIY'er
Had a room re-done by HGTV
was filmed for television (air date in 2013)
And started an intense home renovation
I feel super blessed and hope I didn't leave anything crucial out. But the main thing I hope to get across here is that it's not the things that I'm the most thankful for, but the people that make my world warm and fuzzy.
XOXO, Kati






No comments:
Post a Comment