Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The best day of my LIFE!

There have been many great days in my life. I feel very blessed to be surrounded by great people daily who help to make that a reality. But I'm about to enjoy what I feel WILL top them all. My sister is having a baby tomorrow making me an aunt for the very first time. The emotions we went through all together the last nine months have been insane, and to have it all come together on this one day for a beautiful little boy or girl seems SO worth it. 
When we were all little we played house. A LOT! We pretended we were moms and the thought of getting married and having a REAL baby someday was the sweetest thing in our mind. We always got really caught up in our game judging the other on their mothering skills and choice of pretend husband (Jenna always stole who i was going to choose). Over the years we've continued that constructive criticism in real life by vowing to always be honest...even if it hurts. But at this moment in time, I've got nothin'. 
Trisha, 
You are going to be a wonderful mother. We got in a fight at the beginning of your pregnancy over something totally unrelated and I took a low blow. I said "wow, you're going to be a grrrrreatt mother" in my most sarcastic voice ever. And over the last nine months you have proven me to be more than wrong. Not only are you going to be a good mom. I think you might be the best. I've seen you become this nurturing mother as each month came and went. You're calm, understanding, happy. What more could that baby ask for? You think about that baby every moment of every day and it's not even here yet. 
You have an amazing partner who loves you and that baby so much more every day. I can't wait to see how your family transforms. I'm sure things will be very hard at times. But you'll make it through. I'm amazed at how strong you have become.
I can't wait to see you grow as a mother and wife, and to see what else is in store for your already perfect little family.
I love you,
Aunt Kati :)

No comments:

Post a Comment