Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Monday, July 4, 2011

HBD America!

Happy 4th Everyone! You get a special 4th of July post today because I'm spending this beautiful day indoors at work :) Because the dogs need love even on holidays. We have some really cute Red, White, and Blue treats today so if you're lucky enough to live in the beautiful capital city of Iowa..STOP BY! (as if there isn't anything else you're rather be doing on a gorgeous day like today)
Luckily it is a short business day - so I get to sneak out of here for some fun at 6p.m. I might have to swing by a store on my way home though to grab some of those crystal light mocktails that Bargain mentioned in her post. I knew about the Margarita...but not about the others. I will also be adding a little adult fun to mine ;)

So since I haven't done anything fun yet today, let me amuse you with my weekend activities.
Thursday..the day it was 110 degrees? and I was going to head to an outdoor concert? With kids?

Yeah..what was I thinking? When i walked outside after leaving work I realized that the great outdoors had turned into an oven. And since I didn't feel like melting....or hearing lots of complaints.. We stayed home. But lucky for me one of my besties, Mrs. F, from Gettin Fritzy With It came over (kidless!) for dinner and drinks. And as always, we got a little crazy and decided it was time for Kati and Britt vs. Des Moines. ...so we went out. Several cocktails, shots, and some booty shakin later......

We remembered to take one photo :) I had a blast. It was just what I needed. Hope you had fun too, miss thang!!!!


Friday it was still 115,759 degrees out and along with my own kiddos I had my niece over for the day and a slumber party so we went to the pool!


Jaeti Ann - isn't she just the cutest thing on this planet!?


Along with these other two cuties :) Aren't pool checks the worst? Especially when it's so hot you dry the second you get out!
After the pool we came home and made some feta burgers and grilled veggies and then J and I got to have some good quality patio time once all the kiddos were down.

Somehow a miracle happened on Saturday and we found ourselves kidless at 5:30. So of course we got all cute and went out for dinner. And because my bf knows the way to this gluten free girl's heart...he then took me out for this...


Bistro Montage for a gluten free dessert sampler and wine. yummm!
It was flourless chocolate cake, creme brule, and I'll never be able to get the name right of that third one - but it was the best!!!! layers of buttercream, toasted almonds and hazlenuts, and chocolate. And alllll Kati friendly :)


Sunday we did a little Bed, Bath and Beyond mission (This girl can do some damage at that store) before getting kiddos back from grandma's house. So we went over to watch some dueling pianos and fireworks for the night


Cute girls watching pianos! Pearl's face kinda cracks me up!

And then back home for some sleepy time, cause this girl had to work this morning!
So here I am, at work. But I guess fair is fair after the gluttonous weekend I had.

Hope you are all having a super day!

No comments:

Post a Comment