Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dishing...

Oh how wonderful 2012 has been to me so far! I mentioned in my last post about all the exciting things going on, but I thought I'd go more in to detail and do a quick catch up before my blog goes all wedding crazy. Side Note: it wont..I know nothing about planning a wedding - this is going to get interesting.

Anyway, we rang in the new year with some friends at a hotel in town. The kids were set on bringing in the new year underwater...who wouldn't! And the adults sipped (chugged) adult beverages. Later in the evening I created a very healthy late night snack for myself which consisted of easy cheese smashed between two tortilla chips and dunked in french onion chip dip. I'm thinking of trademarking it.
Pearl and friend Sydney in the hot tub new years eve
The next morning we woke up with a few headaches and hungry kids, so enjoyed our last few hours of hotel time and headed home for a lazy New Years Day. My parents used to have a "soup party" every New Years Day and even in college I remember somehow making it home on that day for the soup. My dad is basically a soup genius. I have been lucky enough to have inherited a few of those recipes since the soup party was retired a few years back. We got home, put on our comfy clothes and started planning our menu. Once groceries were bought I was having a snuggle party watching a true classic...The House Bunny. Super kid appropriate, I know. While enjoying a little down time, Jason came in and sat next to me. He asked if I had fun the night before and if I wanted to do it again. I said yes, and returned to my movie. He replied with "again and again" ..i shot him dagger eyes for interrupting my movie and again replied "yes". And he responded to that with "forever?" I was a little more hesitant with my yes the third time as I clearly thought he had been drinking. And he said "for real???" I'm not sure if I said anything after this..I was most likely looking for empty liquor bottles somewhere. And then he said the most beautiful words ever "Will you marry me? Will you marry us?" I followed this by some serious hyperventilating and repeating "is this for real" about ten times the the smart older child reminded me that I hadn't answered yet! I of course said YES YES YES! Hugged my beautiful man, and two future step daughters, and then we all just cried and smiled. Did I mention that he did a rockstar job with the ring!?
So after our crazy day of telling family and friends we started doing a little planning which made me realize that the cute little picture I had in my head of my wedding day...has faded a bit over time. So I'm starting from scratch. And doing it in 8 months. Bam! Any suggestions anyone has..throw them my way!

About a week later we went on a trip Jason won a few months back for being a rockstar at work. It was to the US Virgin Islands (St. Thomas) and was heaven. Seriously one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.

 We went snorkeling, rode a catamaran around the different islands, went to St. Johns for dinner one night, went kayaking, and I tried to paddle board....hilarious. But mostly enjoyed the beach and drank lots of rum.


 And when we got back...this happened - and then I got the flu. It's okay though. I took a video of the island waves for this very situation. Enjoy your weekend everyone!!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG I am so behind the times in the "blog world," but CONGRATS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT! That ring is gorgeous!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lou Lou! I think my blog is all messed up. I'm pretty sure it never shows up in the feed. So I'm glad you commented - and i'm not just writing to myself, haha.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete