Before I go any further it should be known that my amazing Jason has been trying for about the past two months to put his finger on creating this perfect bread for me. He got a bread maker with a gluten free setting and has made me several loaves of great bread WEEKLY (yes, I know i'm spoiled). My personal favorite was rosemary asiago bread. Ahhhhhh. It was so good! But no matter what we....mainly he did there is this certain taste that all gluten free breads have. After every loaf we eat and really taste all of the flavors. And then we discuss what we could change for next time and what we could try to get that taste out of the bread. It's not a horrible taste, but it's there. After having an amazing piece of bread tonight...at least I know it's possible. And I'm sure in time we will have this wonderful brand beat. Because now I want to make the perfect loaf more than ever.
Ok... now I feel that it's safe to say. AHHHHH. I opened the package thinking that it was just like every other packaged gluten free bread. Dry. Tastes funny. Gross. BUT, it was a brand I hadn't tried and heard it was good so thought I would give it a try. The heel of the bread looked a little different. It looked... edible. Without even so much as a thought I grabbed the heel and took a bite. The texture was like bread, the taste was like bread, it.was.bread. Bread as I remembered it. I clearly immediately made the perfect sandwich I had been dreaming of for so long. I enoyed it. Every single bite. And I will be making another one tomorrow i'm almost certain.
It's Udi's Whole Grain GF Bread. The slices are small but it SO doesn't matter. It was all I needed.
So thank you Udi's for allowing me to taste bread again. Real bread. And Jason.... We're going to figure out this gluten free bread business and take over the world like we planned. Thank you for all you do :)

Happy Monday.

No comments:
Post a Comment